Translate

Friday, May 15, 2015

Here's To Not Giving Up

Sometimes I feel as if I am being a defeatist. I have a thought in my mind that since nothing is happening as rapidly as I would like, then I must be failing at this artist thing. Then, I dust myself off - albeit sometimes at a slower pace than I would like - and get focused again. I feel good again. Resilient.

It is a career and life path that comes with obstacles and often penniless times. However, there are also these small, but precious moments of satisfaction that your work has affected someone. Perhaps not emotionally, but in some way it has. Although at times when I find myself in depths of defeat, and maybe even a bit hopeless, the small triumphant gems are tremendously fulfilling and make all the struggle worth it - money or not. Those are moments when you know that you are doing what you love and that no matter how slow, you are doing something right.

Have I gotten too sappy? Well, it's been another strange week, but when is it not? Ha!

Annnnd moving on.

On this joyous Friday, I bring you my newest character that is also in line to completed soon. She is without a name at the moment, but both my pajamaed man and this sweet little lass will be revealed as final drawings rather soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment