Translate

Monday, November 23, 2015

Post East Austin Studio Tour Update!

I will start out by say that my first experience participating in the East Austin Studio Tour was absolutely wonderful. I was nervous as hell but it was well worth it. Having that volume of people see your work is both nerve wracking, yet rewarding. It was a good crowd.


Some work from my area of the studio

More from my little slice!



Neeka Allsup's mesmerizing wall.

Allison Geneser's gorgeous wall.

I finished every single work in progress that I had going, including the illustrations for the story written by Neeka Allsup, The Bear and His Catch.  Neeka and I framed them with the text as a preview during the second weekend of East. I feel we generated good reactions and feedback. I am excited to have it printed in the near future. Stay tuned for more information on that!



So, this is the first time in - well, I don't know how long - that I can start something without having a piece lingering in the background. I can start fresh. New. Take a breath. Try a few things. A different medium even. I would really like to give oil painting a chance again, and there is no time better than now, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment