Translate

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Night Rant

With my body feeling as tired as ever and my mind racing faster than I keep up with, I felt inspired to write an entry. And hey, as usual, it has been a while. I am terrible at keeping up with this lately, but life tends to get a bit whirly. It happens.

I cannot possibly note all that I have to tell this evening due to my weary eyes, but I will do my best to talk about all things (and people) amazing, beautiful, strange, awesome ... well, art.

As noted in the previous entry, I have some wonderful ladies in my life whom I currently share a studio with. Have I mentioned the studio? If I haven't, it's a great space. More on that later - most likely in another post when I feel more collected.

Current projects include the book Neeka Allsup and I are still working on (and that I am still very, very excited about), work for the East Austin Studio Tour, and hopefully, if time allows, some things for the Blue Genie Art Bazaar which occurs each year around the holidays. I am overwhelmed in a wonderful way. I love it. If I could do art nonstop, I would. However, there is a balance I need to remind myself to keep. Work, life and art. Art is life. Life is art. Am I making sense? Probably not. I feel very absent-minded today. All I want to do is curl up in bed and read for a while until I drift off into a nice, solid slumber. Wake. Feel clear.

Sleep and all around rest tends to slip away when I need it the most, but teaching one's self to delegate time in a way that brings a bit of equilibrium is something I am working on. I have always had a hard time doing this, but the fact that I recognize this feels as if I am headed in the right direction.

If it appears as if I am complaining, I am not. I am only ranting freely. I really have some beautiful people in my life right now who make every second of the madness worth it. I only wish I could keep up with everyone at the moment. It will happen. I am in a good place and my never ending faith in art consumes my brain with happy thoughts and extraordinarily wonderful feelings. I may feel exhausted a lot, but I feel whole. I feel happy.

Next time, I will share all things and art in-progress and less tired nonsense. If I have missed any typos or made a lot of strange sentences ... well, you get it.

Good night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment